?200-Hour Yoga Alliance Certified
*Next program begins March 2017!
MINIMUM CLASS SIZE of 5
Cost is $3000
Please Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Yoga Soul is pleased to offer a beautiful and carefully designed, 200-hour foundational teacher mentorship program featuring a strong mentorship quality, versus just big classes. Serious students of yoga wanting to deepen their practice, as well as yoga practitioners wishing to become teachers themselves, will enjoy the well rounded quality instruction guaranteed to improve your own practice, while learning to teach safe, balanced and enlightening classes. Upon completion of your mentorship program, you will be qualified to seek certification with the Yoga Alliance. Please note, you do NOT?have to become a teacher for this program. It is an incredible opportunity to safely deepen your own practice while receiving quality education?about yoga philosophy, lifestyle, and how to truly?create the ability for you to live your life with integrity, creative intention, and strength.
This program is unique in that it features very small classes (we start each session with no more than 10 at a time), including some one on one mentoring from an experienced, qualified yoga teacher holding to the important tradition of? ??Parampara??, which literally means an uninterrupted succession, denoting the direct and unbroken transmission of knowledge from teacher to student. There is no other yoga studio in the state of Utah offering a program like this.
As a student in the Yoga Soul Mentorship program, you will:
- Participate in four immersion weekends taking you deep into the practice of yoga (these will combine with other ? mentorship students and possibly community members) Each weekend immersion session is designed to enhance your knowledge and hone your practice by addressing a wide range of topics including alignment, anatomy, philosophy, class sequencing, ethics, Sutra study and other reading, etcetera.
- Experience weekly studio hours practicing, observing, assisting, or teaching
- Enjoy reading and other homework assignments
- Practice seva in the community
- Complete a special teaching project of your choosing
- During your mentorship program, you will enjoy free unlimited regularly scheduled classes for 6 months to enable you to immerse your Self into self-understanding of the yogic world.
- Rachel and Eric, along with a careful selection of other incredibly experienced and talented quality teachers will guide you through in-depth topics of their passion and specialization.
- Plan to spend a minimum of 8-10 hours a week in addition to the weekend immersions to complete your mentorship program in a balanced, timely manner
- Learn to look inside your Self and find love, acceptance, and grace.? This is critical to reaching your future students and life endeavors with a full authentic heart and voice. Yoga Soul expertly guides you through this process of inquiry and growth.
- The Yoga Soul 200 hour mentorship is a four-month program. However, if extenuating circumstances arise, you may have up to a year to complete the program.
- Either payment in full, or down payment with payment plan in place
- Signed Contract
- Purchase required reading books:
- o?? The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali (many translations, choose your favorite)
- o?? The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga, Ray Long MD FRCSC
- o?? Ashantaga Yoga Practice & Philosophy, Gregor Maehle
- o?? Bhagavad Gita, Stephen Mitchell
- o?? Light on Pranaygama, B.K.S. Iyengar
- An open mind and heart
- Attend and participate in all 4 immersion weekends to cover all topics (70 hours)*
- Complete all homework, reading, special project (30)
- In studio practical experience (observing, assisting, lead teaching classes/practices) (30 hours)
- Maintain a personal yoga practice while in program, and practice Mysore style in studio at least 1X a week for 4 months (32 hours Mysore plus?)
- Practice seva in the community. (10 hours)
- Attend 12, 2 hour special group session classes which may be open to community members to discuss, and/or apply special topics (24 hours)
- Complete Practicum (10 hours)
- Exit interview (1 hour)
*Weekend Immersions (this is an example of timing. If it needs to be different to fit schedules, we will shift it):
- Yoga Soul immersions are for everyone wishing to deepen their yoga practice and understanding of philosophy and are open to community members.? They are also required as part of the Yoga Soul Mentorship program and are included in your mentorship program cost.? There are four sessions that will be addressed on a continually rotating basis. If you miss one, it will delay your mentorship completion by 4 months, or longer.
- Friday 3-8 PM
- Saturday 12 PM-6PM
- Sunday 8:30 AM- 3PM
If you would like to learn more information or apply for the Yoga Soul Mentorship Program,?please email Rachel Cieslewicz at email@example.com or call?her personal number at 801-694-0859
MINIMUM CLASS SIZE of 5
Cost is $3250